Monday, March 17, 2014

free writing- where would you rather be

I would rather three years older, with a nursing degree and a great job to support my daughter and myself. I would rather be working in a small drs clinic where everyone is friendly and knows each others name. I want to be in a beautiful house with a garden in the back yard that smells of spring, and looks like a green haven with a hammock and a pool. I want a front yard with a big Magnolia tree and rose bushes down the sides of the house. My daughter would be in kindergarten and life would finally not be in pause anymore, just waiting for something good to happen because everything would be happening.

This house has a Rome looking outside with a tall ceiling and a bird bath in the front yard, beautiful and trimmed rose bushes down the sides of the house. I big Magnolia tree in the front yard kind of off to the side of the house with big pink flowers blooming and waxy green leaves. The house has a circle driveway. There is a cream colored garage and everything is organized on the walls, all the gardening stuff is put away and everything is neat and tidy. The kitchen is huge, with lots of counter space and an island in the middle. The cabinets are black and the walls are white.

You can hear the birds singing and the wind blowing. There are bees buzzing in the garden and children laughing down the street. There is a low noise of jazzy music playing in the back ground and you can hear the water in the pool moving with the wind. The leaves are blowing and hitting against each other making all the beautiful sounds that spring brings.

The flowers are soft and delicate with a leathery texture, the grass is smooth and relaxing under my feet, the water in the pool is cool with a bed floaty that feels like laying on a cool cloud. The house has a clay effect and the floors are brick with gloss on top to make the smooth. The tea is cool and refreshing.

The flowers have a sweet smell mixed with the smell of the clorine in the pool and grill of the nieghbors having a bbq. The house smells like fruit and the smell of the brisky warm breeze brings me to my senses. The smells bring me to the brink of sleeping. The cookies in the oven smell sweet and chocolately.

The tea is bitter and cold, i can feel the caffine sinking in my blood stream. I taste the chocolatey cookies, still warm from the oven, all the chocolate chips are melted and gooey. The smell of the pool is so intoxicating i can taste the cholrine in the back of my throat.

In this house before i moved in people told me that a couple lived here, but they got too old to take care of themselves so they moved to a nursing home. The womans parents lived here, and the couple got married in the backyard, they have been married over 50 years and they have lived here their whole marriage. They rebuilt most of the house and added on too the oringinal rooms. They had three kids grow in this house and they were sad that they couldnt pass the house down to their kids, they wanted to pass it down but the kids all had a home and they decided to sell the hosue to move into a nice nursing home.

No comments:

Post a Comment