Friday, March 21, 2014

Cooking something

Family holidays are always fun and require lots of time in the kitchen! (unless you buy everything at the store pre-made.) My mom cooks everything from stratch, and she is an awesome cook. She makes about 12 pies for Thanksgiving and 15 for Christmas. We used to make the pie crusts the day before and put them in the freezer from the next day. Then we would start making the pie filling in the morning. I always helped her, but never actually knew what i was doing until i got older and moved out. I still dont know her pecan pie recipe, which is by far my favorite pie that she makes. I have never had pecan pie anywhere else that i liked, only hers. My aunt always says that mom spoiled our taste buds because after we ate her food nothing else seemed as good. Making pies with my mom is one of my favorite things i did with her. She taught me how to make almost everything that i know. I am more of a baker and she is the cook. She taught me more cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment