Friday, January 24, 2014

The Mystery of the Linkin Log

As we were walking towards our English class we stubbled upon a linkin log in the hall. I examined the linkin log and found that there was a bit of paint, so i went to the art room to try to find its owner. When I arrived at the art room there was no one that would claim it. I asked everyone individually if they knew anyone that had a reason to have a linkin log. A girl named Ashley said she saw a man with a top hat walking down the hall with a linkin log in his hand, she said she had never seen him before. Before I could get any more information from her we heard a woman screaming down the hall as we all ran towards the terrified woman i realized it was the class room that was right next to where the linkin log was dropped. We all crowded the room and discovered a girl laying lifeless on the floor. I quickly call 911 and when the paramedics got there they couldn't figure out what had happened. There was no sign of struggle and she was a young, healthy girl. I momentarily thought that it might have something to do with the linkin log and quickly ruled that out. As everyone was circling the paramedics and the poor young girl I decided to go the restroom and try to figure out what had just happened. On my way to the restroom i found another linkin log outside of the lab and saw a man with a top hat walking calmly and slowly around the corner. I ran to the linkin log and told the man he dropped it and when i glanced in the lab, there was a young athletic man laying on the floor with shallow breathing i ran to him as i was yelling for someone to come help him. The paramedics got on the scene and asked what had happened i told them i was on my way to the restroom when the man dropped the linkin log and i tried to tell him and i saw the man laying on the floor struggling to breathe. Soon the cops arrived, asked me some questions, then took me downtown to the precinct. The older officer with salt and pepper hair and dark blue eyes walked into the interrogation room and soon started asking me how I was at both of there crime scenes in one day. I demanded a lawyer. Soon my long legged, tan blonde lawyer got there, as soon as she started to speak I could tell she was gonna fight till the death for me. Hours later they released me and I was bounded and determined to find the man with the top hat, I went back to the school and looked around and found a linkin log. Instinctively I looked in the class room and couldn't find anyone in there, as I started to leave the man with the top hat arrive, he stabbed an injection into my neck. I fell to the floor, unable to move any of my limbs but I could still see everything, my body was numb. He turned on blues melodies and soon he went to work fixing my hair and putting makeup on me. I tried to scream but I couldn't find my voice or open my mouth, he smiled at me and said "I know you were looking for me... I saved you the trouble, this is what happens when you get too involved in someone else's business." Inside I knew this was it for me, I was gonna die right here in front of this strange man because I couldn't mind my own business. I was overwhelmed with fear and regret. I held a mirror to my face and I realized the other girl he had killed looked a lot like me and he fixed our hair and makeup exactly the same way. My eyes started to water, knowing I was gonna be his next victim. He started inching towards me it felt like he was doing it in slow motion was he held the needle to my neck, a man knocked on the door and top hat guy ran and hid in the air vents. The man that knocked on the door was a cop, he saw me tied to the chair and he ran to me as he untied me he kept asking what had happened, but I couldn't answer I was still numb. He rushed me to the hospital soon the doctor came in and gave me a shot and I slowly started to get the feeling back into my body. As the police flooded me with questions my eyes were flooding with tears. I told them the man hid in the air vents. A few days later they came back to check on me and told me that the man that attacked me had killed himself in the vent and left a suicide note in his hand. The note was about me, he had said that he loved me for years and I never noticed him. I had never noticed him before this mystery man was trying to kill ME? I couldn't understand, the note went on to say he left the linkin blocks in front of the rooms because we used to play with them together when we were kids. I asked the officer what the man's name was, he told me the mans name was Christopher Grace. Of course, how did I not recognize him?? We grew up together until he got held back a grade in elementary soon we faded apart. I went to his funeral and ive gone to his grave every Sunday since his accident, apologizing to the man that used to be my friend..

No comments:

Post a Comment